Amaryllis - Knowledgebase Question

Lpan, Te
Question by bpogue
My Amaryllis has bloomed. Do I continue to water it? How long before I can plant it? Do I keep watering it untill I plant it?

0

Here are some general guidelines for growing Amaryllis indoors: These bulbs grow best in bright light at temperatues of 60F - 70F. Plant so only one-half of the bulb is buried in the soil. The flower stalk will emerge first, followed by two or more leaves. After flowering, cut off the stalk but allow the leaves to remain. Keep the soil moist but not soggy wet. In the spring, place the pot outdoors in a shady place. In late summer, when the leaves turn yellow and die, stop watering, bring the plant indoors, and allow it to rest in a cool, dry place for about three months. Around the first of December, repot and bring it into a bright room . Begin watering again and a new flower stalk and new leaves will emerge from the bulb. When the weather warms in the spring, take it outdoors again to repeat the process. Amaryllis is tender so don't plant it out in the ground unless your garden is frost-free. Best wishes with your amaryllis!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"