Growing raspberries - Knowledgebase Question

Woodland Hills, Ca
Question by shirleygreen6
I live in the San Fernando Valley, CA (usually in the 100s for quite a few days in the summer) I would like to grown a raspberry cane in a large pot so I can move it to cooler places in my garden when it gets really hot. Would this be a good idea? If not, where should I plant it in the garden?
Also, when should I start feeding my roses and garden plants? I have only lived in CA two years.

0

Raspberries, and all brambles for that matter, love the sunshine and the heat so find a sunny spot and plant your raspberries in the ground rather than in a container. Don't worry about moving them around. The general rule of thumb is to wait until new growth begins in the spring, then feed your plants. Enjoy your California garden!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"