burgandy rubber plant - Knowledgebase Question

okanogan, Wa
Question by skolander
Have recieved a large rubber plant. Fills up a 6 gal container.Roots are winding out of soil at base of plant.No roots comeing out of the bottom of container.How long or should I transplant.Afew leaves are turning yellow at the bottom and inside of plant.New growth on top.Its beautiful and full
What do you suggest.Thx for you time.

0

Since the plant is new to your home, give it 3-4 weeks to adjust to its new growing environment. Light levels, temperature and even humdity will be different in your home than they were in its previous home. While it is adjusting, don't be surprised to see it drop some leaves. This is a normal process and the leaves will be replaced when the plant is happy. Expect the oldest leaves to be shed on occasion - those lower down and towards the center of the plant. Don't be alarmed - shedding older leaves is natural. In about a month you can repot your rubber tree plant into a slightly larger container. When you do, use fresh potting soil and set the root mass and trunk at the same soil level as it was growing before. Aside from regular watering and feeding during the spring and summer months, there's not much else you need to do to make your new plant happy. Feed with a half strength dilution of a water soluable fertilizer such as Miracle Gro or Peter's. I use only one tablespoon per gallon of water every 4 weeks beginning in April and feeding through September. Enjoy your new plant!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"