Mandevilla - Knowledgebase Question

newburyport, Ma
Question by camille243
Hi I have brought my Mandevilla plants indoors for the winter...I put them in my basement near a window...cut them down and infrequently water them...they are growing long vines that are prett fragile and white looking...should I keep cutting them off or leave them alone for another month I live in New England and we are still getting snow...when is the best time for me to bring them outside..than

0

If the new growth is pale and wiry, your plants are starved for light. Provide brighter light, or better yet, take them up into warmer temperatures and more sunlight. Your plants think it's spring and really want to grow! If moving them isn't an option, how about using a bank of fluorescent lights (such as shop lights) or setting them near a gro-lite? Your plants will thank you for your extra effort.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"