leyland cypress - Knowledgebase Question

waverly, Te
Question by budandstewar
Last week i purchased 50 leyland cypress that are 3 1/2 to 4ft tall.The day after i got home with them we got heavy snowfall wich is still covering the ground.I have them in my shed out of the weather and i have watered them. Would they be better outside?? I planted 7 of them before the snow hit but i am worried about my new

0

I understand your wanting to protect your new plants, but Leyland Cypresses are cold hardy and if they were still in the nursery they would be sitting out in the snow. The problem with having them in a shed is that they are not getting natural light and the air circulation is probably poor. This can cause problems with your plants. They'd be better off outdoors in the fresh air and bright light. Snow should not bother them at all. Set them outside. If you can place them under the cover of evergreen trees or someplace similar, you won't have to worry about the snow. Best wishes with your new cypresses!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "