Permaculture - Knowledgebase Question

rogers, Ar
Question by rjpekel
I would like to landscape my property with a permaculture landscape.
What can you tell me about permaculture for north west Arkansas?
Thanks Robert

In a nutshell, permaculture is the design of ecological habitats and food production systems to create a sustainable environment. It involves working with nature, recycling, reforesting the Earth, planting native and naturalized species, encouraging beneficial insects, and generally being stewards of the Earth. There are a number of books written on the subject. There are several websites devoted to the subject as well. You can start by checking out the following website from the University of Arkansas which lists lots of native plants you can include in your landscape:

Native plants are easy to maintain because they have adapted to the growing conditions in your region. And, they provide shelter and food for wildlife.

Best wishes with your new landscape!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"