control of grubs - Knowledgebase Question

Pleasant View, Ut
Question by fm3651
what can I use to control the grubs in my lawn. I live in Pleasant View, UT

Grubs feed near the soil surface from July through October but go deep into the soil the other months of the year so they are not readily affected by the chemicals. Grubs feed on grass roots until the grass dries out and dies. The turf can easily be pulled back like a carpet. Turf can survive some feeding. Less heavily watered turf should be scouted for grubs in early July. Peel back the grass. Just a couple grubs per square foot are not a problem to an otherwise healthy lawn. Ten or more per square foot are necessary to justify treatment. You can use a product such as Bayer Advanced Season Long Grub control or Grubex. You will need to reapply annually until you get control of the population. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"