Weed Control/Fertilizer - Knowledgebase Question

edmond, Ok
Question by pikasnook
What is the best way to handle my first treatments of pre and post emergent weed killers and fertilizer? What products to you recommend?

The products you use will depend upon the type of turfgrass you are growing so I can't really make recommendations for specific products without knowing your turfgrass type. In general, pre emergents are applied in February or March. Pre emergents keep weed seeds from sprouting so you'll want to apply them before the weather warms. Post emergent herbicides are relatively specific - either broadleaf or grassy weeds. Some products contain chemicals to kill both, but the type you use will depend upon your turf type. You can carefully read the labels of the products in your garden center to make sure that the products are safe to use on the grass you are growing. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"