grub worms - Knowledgebase Question

goldenvalley, Ar
Question by panchotwo
what to use that is the safest way to get rid of my vegetables will grow good.
my fuit bare very little i feed them every year

will grow good

There are a number of avenues you can take to rid your garden of grubs. The best natural control for grubs is Milky Spore. This is an organic product which kills only the grubs, while sparing earthworms. Another benefit to milky spore is that it lasts for up to 15 years without needing to be reapplied. The only downside is that it can be costly. But given the fact you only need to apply it once every 15-20 years, it is the least expensive alternative over the long term. Or you can use a neem oil based insecticide such as Bioneem by Safer or Bon-Neem by Bonide. Permethrin is the oldest, and most common, of the pyrethroid insecticides. It is widely available and is sold under a large number of different brand names (Martin?s Vegetables Plus, Bonide Eight Vegetable, Fruit & Flower, and Hi-Yield Garden, Pet & Livestock Insect Control are three examples). Permethrin is labeled for use on many different vegetable crops and is effective against many beetle, bug, and caterpillar pests. Because it controls so many different insect pests and is labeled for use on most vegetables, this is probably one of the most useful insecticides for home vegetable gardeners to keep on hand. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"