Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

glen cove, Ne
Question by sptiffany
I live in Northern LI. We still have snow on the ground but the bare areas are being dug up poss. by raccoons late at nite. Are there grubs now? I treated the lawn 2 times this year for grub control. Can I put down moth balls to deter the raccoons? Or is there another solution?

0

The raccoons are looking for grubs. Since you treated for them, there probably aren't any in the ground, but the raccoons don't know that yet. They are simply returning to the places where they found grubs last winter. Moth balls probably won't deter them but once they discover there are not grubs, they'll go elsewhere. Wish there were other solutions but at this point all you can do is be patient. When they discover they can't dine in your landscape, they'll go elsewhere.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"