What type of plant is this? - Knowledgebase Question

Portland, Or
Question by abbyh720
I live in Portland OR and I recently saw a shrub type plant with little purple and white flowers on it. It smelled fantastic with a very sweet and fresh fragrance and am interested in planting it at my house. It's the end of February and it was in bloom. Do you have any idea what plant this is? Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Abby Holly

I'm afraid I can't be much help. Lots of plants are blooming early this year so the shrub may not be a winter bloomer, but an early spring bloomer. About the only way to positively identify the plant is to collect a blossom or two, along with a few of the leaves. Any well staffed nursery or garden center staff can probably identify it immediately. wish I could offer more assistance!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"