rubber plant tropical - Knowledgebase Question

Sna Antonio, Te
Question by zunigamg
Both of my rubber plants have lost all thier leaves this winter. Will they grow back on the limbs? Or do they need to be pruned and re-potted? One of them is 7Feet and the other is a little over 4feet. Both of them were bushy. One more question, also have 2 lemon trees that also lost all thier leaves but can't tell if I need to prune back the tips or more. All plants lost leaves due to freeze.

Rubber trees can suddenly lose leaves if they go through a drought, if the soil is kept too moist or if they are moved and receive more or less light or are in a draft. They usually replace the lost leaves so I'd just continue to give them good care and hope for new leaves to appear in a month or so.

Lemon trees can be damaged by frost but how much damage really depends upon the length of the freezing temperatures. A few hours of cold will cause them to drop their leaves. Extended cold temperatures can kill the braqnches. I'd wait until spring to see if they recover. Once you see new growth you'll know where to prune to remove the dead and damaged branches. Best wishes with your trees!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"