My house plant - Anthurium - Knowledgebase Question

New Smyrna Beach, Fl
Question by deebrowning1
I have a Anthurium. I replanted it recently to a large pot. The blooms are turning brown before they turn red. They develope full size then turn brown. Also the leaves around the bottom of the plant are turning brown on the tips. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like overwatering to me. When the flowers rot before they open it means the roots are struggling to cope with overly wet conditions. It's natural for the lower, older leaves to die back. Prune them off the plant and adjust your watering practices and I think you'll see a big improvement. Water thoroughly so excess water drains out of the bottom of the pot, then allow the top half inch to dry out before watering again. Hope this helps your plants recover quickly!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"