pansys!!!!! - Knowledgebase Question

Andover, Co
Question by karin_112
i have planted a bunch of seeds indoors (including pansies) everything has come up but them it has been 2 weeks now... What do i do?

I'm not sure what might be wrong! Pansy seeds can take 14-21 days to germinate and they sprout best in cool temperatures (65-68F). I'd be curious enough to dig one of the seeds up and see if it has begun to sprout. If the seeds were sown too deeply they will run out of energy before the emerging sprout can reach the surface of the soil. Seeds that are allowed to dry out will simply stop growing and might even die. The last thing to consider is that viability for pansy seeds is only about one year. So, check the date on the seed package to make sure you have fresh seeds. If all else seems fine, just give your seeds another week to sprout. Hope they sprout soon!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"