New Gardner Asks: Do I have a good Assortment for full sun in morning exposure? - Knowledgebase Question

Las Cruces, Ne
Question by ceoverhiser
I have purchased (1) Primrose-THDAO160, (2) Ranunculus-THDA4935 (3)Calendula-THDAO101 and (4)Hardy Boy Penny Peach Jump-up Violas-Not from Home Depot & am new to the gardening game. (1)Should all these be planted NOW and (2)Will they bloom through the entire summer? I intend to plant them in my back yard (full morning sun) in the high desert - Las Cruces NM...pending your reply. Thank you.

Primroses prefer shady conditions all day long and will bloom only during the cooler months of the year. When the summer heat arrives they will stop flowering but will resume flowering next winter. Johnny Jump Ups will flower nearly all year around and will grow in morning sun/afternoon shade. Ranunculus is a seasonal bloomer and will flower in late spring and early summer but will go dormant in the summer heat. They prefer full sunshine. Calendula usually blooms all summer long. Enjoy your colorful garden!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"