Borage Blossom - Knowledgebase Question

Las Cruces, Ne
Question by ceoverhiser
I love this plant. The blossom is sooo unusual. Will this grow in Las Cruces NM (which is High Desert)? When will this be sold at my local Home Depot store?

Borage will grow well in a sunny spot in your garden. It prefers full sun, though it will do fine in part shade. Like most herbs, it's not fussy about pH, but it needs fertile, well-drained but moisture-retentive soil.

Before planting work in plenty of organic matter into the garden and sow seeds directly in the spring. Borage resents being transplanted. Leave the seeds uncovered (they need light to germinate), then thin seedlings to at least a foot apart.

Clip off leaves as you need them for salads or tea. They have a refreshing, cucumberlike taste that blends especially well with eggs, either in salads or omelettes and use the edible flowers, fresh or candied, as garnishes for salads, drinks or pastries.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"