Grass Indoors - Knowledgebase Question

duluth, Mi
Question by sands144
This might be a different question then your used to but I'm an art student and attempting to grow grass in steel and ceramic sculptures. I bought Buck Oats and planted them (more than once) and dies. It germinates fast and starts out really strong but after 2 weeks of them sprouting they turn yellow. They get 12 hrs of right and water when need. What should I do? Recommend different type grass?

Ornamental grasses really need direct sunshine. If you can't put your sculptures outdoors for natural light, you can use artificial lights and keep them on 14 hours a day. You might be able to incorporate the lights into your display. Wish I had other ideas to share but any grassy plant will need sunshine - or a source of full spectrum artificial light.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"