Grass Indoors - Knowledgebase Question

duluth, Mi
Question by sands144
This might be a different question then your used to but I'm an art student and attempting to grow grass in steel and ceramic sculptures. I bought Buck Oats and planted them (more than once) and dies. It germinates fast and starts out really strong but after 2 weeks of them sprouting they turn yellow. They get 12 hrs of right and water when need. What should I do? Recommend different type grass?

0

Ornamental grasses really need direct sunshine. If you can't put your sculptures outdoors for natural light, you can use artificial lights and keep them on 14 hours a day. You might be able to incorporate the lights into your display. Wish I had other ideas to share but any grassy plant will need sunshine - or a source of full spectrum artificial light.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"