centerpede lawn care - Knowledgebase Question

atlanta, Ge
Question by embarr1
My centerpede lawn is in bad shape. It has a lot of weeds and I have been told that weed killers cannot be used. It developed spittle bugs and the treatment has damaged an old maple tree that provides needed shade. I have checked the PH and it is good for centerpede lawns.

0

A lush, thick turf will crowd out most weeds so once you've gotten rid of the weeds, regular watering, mowing and feeding will keep your centipede looking good. There are several herbicides listed as safe to use on centipede: Ferti-lome Weed Out Lawn Weed Killer With Trimec, Bayer Advanced Southern Weed Killer For lawns, and Spectracide Weed Stop Weed Killer For Lawns. Just to be sure, read and follow label directions making sure centipede is a turf type listed as safe for application. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"