Yard full of weeds - Knowledgebase Question

Southaven, Mi
Question by cb5240
This winter I moved into a house in Memphis TN and the back yard is FULL of weeds. Are these winter weeds that will die when it warms up or will post emergent weed control be needed? I plan on putting pre emergent in the front yard where there aren't many weeds to prevent them for the summer, should I also do this in the back even though there are many weeds?

Pre emergents will keep weed seeds from germinating but won't bother existing weeds so I'd go ahead with the pre emergent in the front yard but tackle the backyard with post emergent products. Bayer Advanced Southern Weed Killer For lawns or Spectracide Weed Stop Weed Killer For Lawns should take care of the weeds in the backyard. Best wishes with your lawns!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"