Moss - Knowledgebase Question

Charlotte, No
Question by johmrtn5
Can you tell me what to buy to kill off moss so I can get grass to grow

Moss is usually a symptom of several problems, including poor drainage, too much shade, low fertility, compacted soil, and acid soil. If you can correct these problems, and put your lawn on a regular feeding schedule, you'll have fewer moss problems. Start fertilizing in April with a 3-1-2 ratio of NPK (the 3 numbers on the bag of fertilizer). Apply one pound of actual nitrogen per 1,000 square feet of lawn per year. Feed again in June, September and late November or early December. Start this spring by aerating your lawn to help with compaction. Then, instead of using chemical moss killers, just rake and reseed any mossy areas in your lawn. If your grass is healthy, it will crowd out the moss in the future.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"