Ground Cover Question - Knowledgebase Question

Las Cruces, Ne
Question by ceoverhiser
I purchased about nine pots of

Red Apple is a perennial trailing plant, often used as groundcover on slopes. They make great container plants because they cascade over the edges of the planters or pots. The spots you describe might be the result of overspray and sunscald or could indicate physical damage or a fungal disease. Sounds like calloused over tissue to me and is most likely from water droplets that remained on the leaves and then exposed to bright sunshine. This can cause burning of the tissues if the leaves are new and tender. Give your plants a chance to acclimate to their new growing spots and I think you'll see the new leaves emerge healthy and without spots. As the plants grow you can prune away any damaged leaves. Best wishes with your red apple plants!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"