tree that attracts mosquitoes - Knowledgebase Question

Norwood, Ma
Question by sfesseha
I have a tree in my backyard (do not know the name) it attracts mosquitoes. It has a mild sent (not pleasant). What can I do to combat the mosquitoes?
The mosquitoes are unbearable day and evening. Thanks!

0

Mosquitoes prefer to rest in protected sites during the day. Yards with lots of trees, shrubs, and dense vegetation or properties adjoining such areas, can have nightmarish problems. Consequently, removal of tall weeds and overgrowth is part of an integrated mosquito management program.

To further reduce intolerable levels of biting mosquitoes, insecticides can be applied to the lower limbs of shade trees, shrubs, and other shaded areas, such as under decks and along foundations. Pyrethroid insecticides such as Bayer Advanced PowerForce Mosquito Killer are effective but will need to be reapplied periodically. A hose-end sprayer is usually most effective and convenient for such applications. Always read and follow label directions before using any pesticide.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "