veggies in flower beds - Knowledgebase Question

Question by CFULLER266
i read an article on BHG that veggies can be planted in any flower bed also. is that true and are there any plants or flowers i should not put veggies near? thank you so much for your help.

Veggies grow happily in flower beds as long as the needs of both the veggies and the flowers are the same - ample sunshine and adequate water. I often plant leaf lettuces along my sidewalk along with colorful annuals. I've also grown tomato plants in a bed with daylilies, petunias, marigolds and glads. You can certainly mix and match your veggies and your flowers. I would keep nasturtiums out of the beds, though, because they are magnets for aphids and you wouldn't want to attract them to your vegetable plants! Aside from that, plant anything you like. Hope you have a great harvest.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"