Chiltepin Pest - Knowledgebase Question

tucson, Ar
Question by jainor9731
Let me know please what can I do about the this? I have my Chiltepin plants during Spring and Summer up to late fall,you know,green,with flowers,and the fruits come out,looking nice and good!!but suddenly start to peel itself,the leaves desapear and I do not know what happened? What is that?what kind of pest, insect is that? and how can I take control of it?? Help me Please. Thank you!
Jaime

0

It sounds like sunscald to me. Sunscald and blossom end rot are big pepper problems. Watering consistently and mulching hot pepper plants will help prevent blossom end rot. And, tackle sunscald by planting hot pepper plants a little closer together to shade the plants a bit. Be sure to check your hot pepper plants for aphids, tarnished plant bugs, pepper maggots, and pepper weevils. Aphids will be the most common. Sometimes, a garden hose can knock aphids off the plant, or check into organic pest control options such as Bio-Neem.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"