Growing a Meyer Lemon Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Missouri City, Te
Question by mayjane
I purchased a lemon tree(plant code THDA1625), can I put it in a pot or does it have to go into the ground? Can it be prumed so it won't grow over 6'?

Meyer lemon trees are perfect for containers because they are reasonably small (for lemon trees!) and adapt well to growing in containers. During the growing season, keep them evenly moist but not sopping wet and provide them with plenty of sunshine. Fertilize according to the label instructions with a fertilizer containing micronutrients (particularly zinc, iron and manganese) as well as the usual nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium found in complete fertilizers. During the winter, reduce the watering somewhat when they slow their growth. You can prune your tree to keep it small. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"