Bees - Knowledgebase Question

Harveys Lkae, Pe
Question by beech22
I'm very allergic to all bees, is there any spray to deter them from me but not to deter them from my gardens? I want to work outdoors in my garden. Thanks, Susan

0

There's nothing you can use to keep the bees away. They generally don't get to work until the sunshine warms the air so you could work in the garden in the early morning or just after sunset when they are packing up to go home at night. I've found that unless the bees feel threatened, they will go about their business without bothering people. To make sure they are not attracted to you, wear dark colors when you're working in the garden and refrain from using perfumes or other fragrances that they might mistake for the fragrance of a flower. Wish there were other ideas to share.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"