Landscaping front yard - Knowledgebase Question

Charlotte, No
Question by Carolyn_Walt8
I have a ranch home and want to put it on the market but need to give it a cleaner look. I have azales in the front and a gardenia bush at the end of the left side. What are some good low growing bushes I can put in the front of the house to give it a good look. Where can I go to see some ideas on what to do and what not to do.

0

If you are selling now, you probably want annuals rather than perennials (which usually bloom in the summertime). Impatiens are easy to grow and come in a variety of colors. They like a bit of shade in the late afternoon. Begonias will take the sun better than Impatiens. Red is a nice bright color; I'm voting for red Impatiens with pink begonias behind them and the annual type of lobelia in front of them (lobelia has little blue flowers and everyone loves them). Most important: mix some compost into the beds before you plant. Then mulch on top of the soil after planting. Get a mulch that looks good with the color of your house. Water well the first couple of weeks. Shrubs to include might be Dwarf forms of Abelia x grandiflora, 'Crimson Pygmy' Barberry (reddish/purple leaves), winter Daphne (small shrub with variegated foliage), and/or hydrangeas. Good luck with the sale!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"