Re: Carolina Jessamine (Gelsemium sempervirens) - Knowledgebase Question

Las Cruces, Ne
Question by ceoverhiser
I have three Lg. Mission Bells in my garden that are positioned one above the other on a wrought iron stand that measures about 4'9

0

Carolin jessamine does not twine the way other vines might so you'll have to tie the stems to the iron stand. If you use plant ties (plastic ribbon or stretchy tape) to attach the stems to the stand, your plant will be fine. Just check the ties periodically to make sure they are not cutting off circulation. I have a Carolina jessamine in a flower garden that I have been tying to a 4'stake and allowing the tops of the vines to sprawl. It looks like a little weeping tree and is gorgeous when in bloom. The oldest stems are becoming woody and in a few years I should be able to remove the stake and have the plant stand up on its own. Interesting focal point!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"