Adenium obesum won't bloom - Knowledgebase Question

Fort Worth, Te
Question by keltikdawn
I have a Desert Rose (Adenium obesum).I purchased 4 years ago from Home Depot.Was in bloom at the time of purchase. Never bloomed since. 20 inches tall, in 9 inch high and 10 inch diameter pot, faces east with some south so gets about 8 hours of sun via a window. SCOTTS premium potting soil. Feed miracle grow in active months, no feed in winter. Plant healthy, no blooms. Any ideas?

Sounds like you are doing everything right! Since the flowers grow from the tips of the stalks, regularly trimming the plants to encourage more stalks to grow is the best way to get more flowers. Cut off the tip of each stalk this spring. If this doesn't encourage flowers you might want to take your plant outdoors over the summer months. Sometimes the bright sunshine and longer days of summer will encourage flowering. Hope one of these methods works!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"