Peach Tree In Flower Bed - Knowledgebase Question

Houma, Lo
Question by robbiejmizel
I just planted two peach (prunus persica) trees I bought from Home Depot. I have a flower bed, which I am redoing, it is about 30' long. I have planted ten loropetalum's and on each end planted the peach trees. I will put bedding plants also. Will these peach tree be okay in this bed. I love the flowers on them and didn't buy for fruit. Should I re-think this decision now that I have planted them

0

Your design sounds fantastic. There's no reason peach trees, loropetalums and ground covers can't grow together in a large flower bed. Be sure there's enough room for the canopies of your trees at maturity. Some can spread out 25' if they are standard peach trees; less if they are dwarf. The succession of flowers (peaches are early in the season, loropetalums a month or so later) will be a real attention-getter. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"