Palm Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Palm Bay, Fl
Question by mrawlins64
I purchased 9 palm trees last summer, about 6-8 ft tall from ground level. After bad winter the adonidias look gone and the spindle and bottle palms are very iffy. Someone sid to sprnkle epson salts on and around them and they will come back

Epsom salts is Magnesium Sulphate and magnesium will green up almost any plant, but it won't undo winter damage. Some palms are more vulnerable to frost damage than others and with your palms, only time will tell. With any luck at all, the damage is temporary and your palms will recover. It's normal for the fronds to die back in frosty temperatures but if the bud in the center of the palm was unharmed, you should see new growth later this spring. If so, simply prune away the dead fronds. If not, no amount of Epsom salts will revive a dead tree. I'd just take a wait and see attitude - and hope for the best!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"