blueberrys - Knowledgebase Question

clifton heights, Pe
Question by honwesandra
hi my name is sandra manfredia about 3 years a go I bought blue berry plants. I planted them and I feed them the leaves are green and I get some blueberrys? What do I do to get lots of blueberrys? the ph is good. thank you sandra

There are really only 3 reasons for poor crops in blueberry bushes. Plant immaturity (which doesn't apply to your 3 year old plants); lack of cross-pollination; and excessive nitrogen. Most blueberries will yield heavier crops of you plant two different varieties of blueberry plants. If all three of your plants are the same variety (Bluecrop, for instance), you'll need to plant a fourth blueberry that's a different kind. Cross pollination will result in heavier crops from all of your blueberry plants. Over-fertilization can result in lots of new growth but at the expense of flowers and fruit so be careful not to overfeed your plants. Hope this information helps you determine just what the problem might be!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"