rhodies with yellow leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Lake Oswego, Or
Question by samcarrie
Please let me know what I should do about rhodies with yellow leaves.

Thank you

0

It's difficult to diagnose a plant problem without seeing it, but here are the things I've discovered when growing my own rhododendrons: Like all broadleaf evergreens, rhododendrons lose their oldest leaves which often turn yellow before dropping. If the yellowing leaves are lower down on the plant and/or towards the center of the plant, it's probably just normal leaf drop. If all the leaves are turning yellow, it can indicate the final stages of a fungal disease or an iron deficiency. Mottled yellowing can indicate lace bug feeding. Lacebug adults and nymphs feed on the undersides of leaves by piercing the leaves with their mouthparts and sucking the plant juices. This causes a mottled, silvery or white discoloration, known as stippling, on top of the leaf where the chlorophyll has been removed. The undersides of leaves are covered with dark brown to black, sticky spots of excrement.

Hope this information helps you determine just what the problem might be.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"