weed control - Knowledgebase Question

Canyon Lake, Te
Question by bdrain82
We live in Canyon Lake, Tx. and planted El Toro Zoysia in April '09, it did beautifully through our drought summer and at present time is dormant, but alot of weeds are growing throughout. What organic weed killer can you recommend? When is the best time to apply? Please let me know the name and where I can get it along with amounts, thank you.

0

Zoysia is quite sensitive to chemicals, whether manufactured or natural, so your best approach is to dig or hand pull the current weeds and then apply a corn gluten based pre emergent to keep future weeds from sprouting up. Manage, Barricade, Gallery, Nature?s Green, Tupersan, Corn Weed Blocker, Weed Ban, Dyna weed, Concern, Barricade, and Dimension are all corn gluten meal based pre emergent herbicides. You'll want to apply now, before the new weeds begin to grow.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"