Fertilizers - Knowledgebase Question

Supply, No
Question by reelforce
I am trying to find what fertilizers to put on what shrubs I have on my property. Can not find. If I look up specific shrub, it states plant food. But what I need to know is what plant food. Tell me where I am not looking.

Here's an easy way to decide: the three numbers on the fertilizer label tell you the ratio of nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium contained in the product. Nitrogen promotes green growth, phosphorous strengthens stems and promotes flowering and potassium helps with root growth and works in conjunction with the other two elements. If your shrubs are flowering shrubs, use a fertilizer formulation with a higher middle number (which promotes blooming). If your shrubs are non-blooming, choose a fertilizer with equal numbers. For conifers use an 8-8-8. (numbers are low because conifers are slow growing - you dont' want to promote fast, rank growth). For flowering shrubs you can use a 10-20-10. For non flowering shrubs, use a 10-10-10. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"