angel plants - Knowledgebase Question

Antigo, Wi
Question by bobbisusalla
i just bought a plant at my local Home Depot, but there was no tag except the price tag. I liked the plant and was told by one of the associates to contact you for the name of the plant as well as care instructions. It is in a hanging basket, has curly leaves that are fairly thick. Looks like it grows shoots that grow 4 to 6 inches before leaves start to grow. Any ideas? Bobbi

I'm sure the sales associate had nothing but good intentions but without a SKU number or plant ID number, we can't positively identify the plant for you. Lots of different houseplants are potted up in hanging baskets, as are many annuals and trailing perennials. If it is a houseplant, try keeping it where it gets moderate to bright light and allow the top half inch of soil to dry out before watering. If it's an outdoor plant, try to replicate the conditions it was going in the garden center. It's better to provide too much shade than too much sun. When the plant flowers it will be much easier to identify. You can either take one of the flowers to your local nursery for identification, or send us another question with the complete description of the flower (size, shape, fragrance, color, etc.) Wish I could offer more assistance!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"