moldy lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Ripon, Ca
Question by kurtnsandy
I put up a aluminum patio cover. It know shades about 150 square feet of lawn and as a result it is kind of wet and moldy. I am afraid that if I turn back the sprinklers the other part of the lawn might get to dry. Any sudgestions Please HELP!
WET & MOLDY in the San Joaquin Valley

0

I agree with you about the sprinkers. If you change the settings, the rest of your turf might suffer. Instead, you can try aerating the soggy part of the lawn. A core aerator will remove one inch by three inch plugs from the lawn. Leave the plugs on the lawn and they will dissolve in rain or water from the sprinklers. After aerating spread a thin layer of sand or compost over the area and water it in well. The sand or compost plus the soil from the plugs will work their way down into the holes left by the plugs and give the excess water a place to go. If this doesn't improve the drainage, you may need to install a curtain drain to give the water a place to go. A curtain or French drain is simply a trench filled with gravel where excess water can collect and eventually drain. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "