hydrangeas - Knowledgebase Question

Kennesaw, Ge
Question by greenekj
I've just trimmed back my hydrangeas and noticed it's getting to big for the spot it's planted (too close to fence). Can I move it to a different spot now or should i wait and let it get settled from the trimming?

0

You can move it now or wait and move it this fall after it has finished flowering. If it has already begun to put out leaves, you might want to wait until fall to move it. If it is still dormant, even after your pruning, you can move it now without interrupting its growth and flowering. It takes a few months for plants to re-establish after transplant, which might affect this year's flowers if you move it now. Either way, be sure to replant at the same soil level as it was growing before, and water it deeply after planting to help settle the soil. Good luck with the move.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"