seeds vs plants - Knowledgebase Question

Friendswood, Te
Question by pkfishman
I have been trying to grow different vegetables from seeds and from plants from a store. which provides a better crop seed or plants from a store

Virtually all vegetables begin as seeds. The benefit of planting transplants from the store is that they've gotten off to a good start and are healthy because the seeds were started in a greenhouse and tended to by professionals. The plants are usually 4-6 weeks old which means they will begin to produce that much faster. On the other hand, starting your own seeds is slightly less expensive per plant than if you purchase starter plants. But you need to figure in the cost of your time, the supplies required such as trays, pots, potting soil and fertilizer. Add the cost of electricity for supplemental lighting and I think when all is said and done, the cost per plant will be very much the same. If you enjoy the process of starting your own seeds, I'd encourage you to do so. If not, go ahead and purchase transplants.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"