Front Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Glen Allen, Vi
Question by mstamela
I just moved in a house and the front yard looks a hot mess. There is no grass and I want to know what can I do to fix that. But the back yard the grass is not any better there are patches here and there. I am a single mom trying to do this myself don't have a lot of money. Help

There may be hope for both the front and backyards. If there is any grass at all, it will respond to good care. Regular watering, feeding and mowing can rejuvenate a lawn. Lawns need about an inch of water per week, applied slowly so it has a chance to soak down and wet the entire root area. You can rake and overseed any bare areas and the new grass will sprout in a week or two, depending upon the weather. Most lawns will green right up when fed. Use a 3-1-2 ratio of NPK and feed in April, June, September and late November. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"