tulips - Knowledgebase Question

Edgewater Park, Ne
Question by twodippolds
I started tulips in my bay window. They are growing well. When can I transfer them to my backyard. OR Can I tranplant them?
Thanks,
Linda

0

If they are growing in pots, leave them in the containers for now. You can take the containers outdoors if the weather is above freezing if you want to enjoy them out there. Otherwise, just allow them to grow and flower indoors. When the flowers are spent, cut off the flowering stem but leave the foliage alone. It will be busy manufacturing and transporting energy back to the bulbs for next spring's floral display. When the leaves die down on their own you can cut them away and then dig the bulb. You can plant the bulbs out in your garden or store them for planting in the fall. Hope this answers all your questions!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"