Recommended plants around fruit trees - Knowledgebase Question

Ontario, Ca
Question by christinegor
I have five fruit trees in a row in my back yard. For more appeal, I am looking for ideas of types of plants to plant inbetween them and around. I would like perennials that are full sun/part sun. Would you recommend ground covers or shrubs? Any ideas are appreciated.
Thank you

Some plants that come to mind, that will grow in part sun/part shade include:
Black-eyed Susan, a hardy perennial flower that prefers full sun to part shade to thrive. These striking flowers grow between 18 and 30 inches in height and are ideal planted in a flower bed or garden border. The upright, mound-like form has bright yellow petals that surround a gold and black center. Beginning in the summer, the black-eyed Susan begins to flower in prolific numbers. Black-eyed Susans prefer well-drained and nutrient-rich soils. These tough perennials are also drought-tolerant and grow well in hot climates. To ensure a plethora of blooms, cut back the black-eyed Susan after flowering. This will produce a second round of blooms that lasts into late fall.

Poppies! Poppy flowers are a moderate growing, bright perennial that prefers both partial shade and full sun. This spring to early summer bloomer has flowers in a wide range of colors including yellow, orange, apricot, pink and red. The tall branching stems grow up to 3 feet high and 12 inches wide. Poppies prefer deep, well-drained soils that are fertile and nutrient-laden, and they're ideal planted along borders and beds. Poppies also make great fresh-cut flowers to add to arrangements.

Hemerocalis - Daylilies are colorful flowers that flourish in full sun to partial shade. Their arching, long stems grow up to 36 inches tall with a six-petaled large flower head. Daylily flowers are grown in a wide range of colors including orange, pink, peach, burgundy and yellow. These showy blooms emerge in the summer into the fall. Daylilies require medium moisture and well-drained soils with high organic matter. They are also deer and drought tolerant, making these flowers extremely tough and hardy. Daylilies are ideal for garden edging as well as containers. During hot, summer months, daylilies benefit from an inch of mulch to help retain moisture.

Hope these suggestions are helpful!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"