Pine tree fertilizer or bug repellant - Knowledgebase Question

Las Vegas, Ne
Question by cezannestei
Pine trees in our area get brown branches, the park nearby has an insecticide (brick-type) attached to trees, my pine is similarly affected, what do I do?

0

Are you sure it's an insecticide and not an insect trap? Browning pine branches can be due to water stress or due to insect or disease problems. Not all treatments are effective against all problems so you'll need to have the problem with your pine positively diagnosed. The best way to do this is to take a sample of both live and dead needles or branches to your local cooperative extension office. Helpful staff can look at the samples under a microscope and determine the cause. Contact University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, 8050 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89123-1904 phone (702) 251-7531. They may also be able to tell you what the park department has placed in the pine trees. Good luck with your pines.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"