Pruning - Knowledgebase Question

clarksville, Te
Question by jaimemobley
Hello!
I planted a total of 25 baby bushes last spring. (Boxwoods and Manhattan Euonymus). They are now about 2 feet tall and still pretty thin. When should a start pruning them? Don't want to hurt them. How much should I prune? I am a beginning gardener. Thank you for your help!
Jaime

0

Your little shrubs can be encouraged to develop new stems and become bushy if you prune them just a little all over. Take only an inch or less off of each branch tip either by hand pruning or shearing with a hedge trimming. You only need to remove just the tip of each stem to encourage new growth. Now is a good time to give them the once-over. Best wishes with your shrubs!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"