Patio garden - Knowledgebase Question

Florence, Ke
Question by Jcrab8888
I live in a 2nd story apartment, and i am wanting to start growing flowers, herbs, and veggies. I need help on what will grow best.

0

Grow vegetables that take up little space, such as carrots, radishes and lettuce, or crops that bear fruits over a period of time, such as tomatoes and peppers, for best use of space and containers. Dwarf or miniature varieties often mature and bear fruit early, but most do not produce as well overall as standard varieties. The amount of sunlight that your container garden spot receives may determine which crops can be grown. Generally, root crops and leaf crops can tolerate partial shade, but vegetables grown for their fruits generally need at least 5 hours of full, direct sunlight each day, and perform better with 8 to 10 hours. Available light can be increased somewhat by providing reflective materials around the plants, e.g., aluminum foil, white-painted surfaces, marble chips. You'll need to experiment with plants to see which grows well in the space you have. Don't be afraid to choose your favorite plants and give them a try!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"