Planting coneflowers - Knowledgebase Question

Bridgeton, Mi
Question by hcook17
I have purple coneflower seeds and plan to plant them along my fence in full sun. How should these be planted? In a specific soil? How far apart do the seeds need to be and what time of year do I need to plant them? Thanks!

Wait until the soil warms up - about mid-April. Start by working the soil and amending it with a little organic matter to help it drain quickly. Then spread the coneflower seeds over the top of the soil in the chosen area and cover with 1/4 inch of garden soil. You can also spread them among other perennials in the garden to promote a constant bloom of flowers throughout the growing season. Water the seeds thoroughly. The plants are hardy and require little in the way of fertilization or care once they start to grow.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"