Getting started - Knowledgebase Question

Montgomery, Al
Question by ladyvenglish
I'm an AMATEUR so I've picked some plants that appeal to me and am wondering if I go into one of the Home Depts will they be able to see my info to help me decide how to get started? Am also going to upload pics of yard as it is now.

If a garden staff member has the time, they should be able to look over your plant list and make suggestions. Now that you've chosen your favorite plants you can do some research to see whether they prefer sunny or shady conditions. This might dictate where in the landscape they need to go. Check the plant labels for their preferences or look them up on the internet and make notes about their preferences. The next step is laying out your flowerbeds. If you haven't already, take your garden hose and lay it in a pleasing shape or curve where you'd like to make your flower beds. If theres' lawn in the area, dig it out in the shape of the bed - if not, dig up the soil. To prepare your flower beds spread 3-4 inches of organic matter over the top of the soil and dig it in to a depth of 8-10 inches. Then rake the area level and you'll be ready to plant. Best wishes with your new flowers and shrubs!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"