What kind of grass seed for Florence Colorado? - Knowledgebase Question

Florence, Co
Question by berettagundo
I would like to what type of grass seed works best in Colorado? We live in Florence 81226. Also what if ur yard has alot of sun and shade what works best with that? When is the best time to start grass seed, we have very little grass, alot of weeds and dirt. Thanks

There is no single "best" grass species to recommend for planting in Colorado lawns. The best grass for an individual lawn is determined by considering such factors as quality expectations, anticipated level of use/traffic, willingness or ability to provide basic turf management needs (including adequate irrigation), water/soil quality issues (such as salinity), elevation, and budget - to name a few.

There is no grass that will work well in every Colorado lawn. In most lawn situations, there will be a number of grass species that could be used with success. In some lawn situations, there may be only 1 or 2 species that could be expected to perform well.

Colorado State University has a publication discussing the pros and cons of each grass variety, as well as planting and ongoing care. I think it will answer all your questions. You can download a copy. Here's the web address: http://csuturf.colostate.edu/p...

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"