Money tree seeds. - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Mimi Lilly
Port Saint Lucie, Fl
Question by luxio
Hello! My money tree had a nut, when I founded it on the ground there was four money tree seeds,or nuts. I put them in some water, then after two weeks I planted them. Three weeks already past and the didin't sprout. And they weren't planted deep either. What might cause this, did they rot when they were in the water? I planted them before and the grew.
Thank you very much!

I'm not sure from your question whether you soaked the seeds in water for two weeks. If you did, the seeds probably drowned! It isn't necessary to soak the seeds before planting them and yes, they need to be planted only 1/8 of an inch deep. Planting too deeply will cause them to die before the sprouts can reach the soil surface. Next time, place the seeds on moistened potting soil and cover with only 1/8 inch of potting soil. Set the pots or tray in a brightly lit area in your home. Between 8 and 10 hours of non-direct sunlight daily is ideal. The temperature should be between 65 and 70 degrees F. Mist the soil with water as needed to keep it moistened, but never sodden. Germination of money tree seedlings should begin within 12 to 15 days.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"