Trying to grow a green thumb - Knowledgebase Question

Jackson, Mi
Question by andreaincold
Hi! I just bought a house and it has a nice terraced back yard with some open space. I'm looking to do 2 things this summer: 1. Do some landscaping around the house and along the terrace with flowers, greenery, etc. and 2. Start a small vegetable/herb garden. I live in Jackson, MS, and I wanted to know the best flowers/vegetables to use for my area - low maintenance. Also, I have a dog.

0

You can grow any vegetable you'd like in your garden. Choose a sunny spot, amend the soil with organic matter and plant your favorite veggies!

Flowers that do well in your region include:
Ageratum, Alyssum, Baby's Breath, Bachelor Button, Balsam, Basil, Begonia, Black Eyed Susan Vine, Caladium, Calendula, Chrysanthemum, Cleome, Celosia, Coreopsis, Cornflower, Cosmos, Cypress Vine, Dill, Dusty Miller, Four O Clocks, Gaillardia, Geraniums and hundreds more! Just choose your favorites and plant them in the exposure to sun or shade they prefer. Enjoy your new garden!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"